Hard work is the basis for everything you desire to achieve. It is applying your ability with focused attention and the exclusion of other abilities. You must know the purpose or intended outcome of the work especially in relation to the type of person you desire to be.
Types of Hard Work
1. PHYSICAL SAVAGERY:
- Primitive instincts of hunting and killing
- Suffer, Competition
- Do you know what a 10 out of 10 feels like?
- You will need to train at the level you are going to compete at, its called preparation.
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
2. PHYSICAL AWARENESS
- Sense of Self/Body Awareness
- Can you feel muscles working?
- Learning, Variability
- Can you be thoughtful about instructions and the details when you need to be?
- Internal & external standpoint
- Be aware of how your actions effect your surrounding environment
3. HUMILITY & GRATITUDE
- Show appreciation and return kindness
- What type of person do you want to be? If you don’t know that then who are you?
- Humans require social connections so build them
- Make things meaningful
- What you do during the other 23 hours of the day outside of the weight room dictates success and adaptations
- Manipulate the environment around you towards your goals and values
- Address social relationships, sleep, nutrition, habits/routines
- Seek out things that you lack=reflection
Saying you haven’t gotten better at something is basically saying you didn’t work hard to get better at it. Some people have no idea what it is to work hard or have a distorted perception of what hard work is. If you want to improve you need change.