WHY: You must first fix yourself and address who it is that you want to be before you can help or attend to others.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie $9.60
WHY: This book should be your first read. Coaching is interacting with people and figuring out the fastest way to bond with them. Utilize each lesson/chapter material by applying these into your interactions with clients (and the other people in your life) then notice how they respond.
WHY: This should be your second read and a book that supervisors should provide to their interns and employees, etc. The book provides quick reasons and tips for enabling you to be more self-aware and socially-aware. A very important aspect of personal development is self-reflection of behavior and how your behavior may be perceived.
- Crucial Conversations tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition by Kerry Patterson and Joseph Grenny $11.04 (THIS IS PRICELESS)
WHY: Big Thanks to Lucy Hendricks for this one. This book was a game charger for professional development. The book teaches effective communication skills when conversations involve opposing opinions, strong emotions, and high stakes. Learning how to communicate with coworkers and your boss can be a source of success and power. These skills can also help you form great relationships with clients and athletes. This book also incorporates the context you acquired from the above books: knowledge about interactions with others and the ability to self-reflect on those interactions.
- The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Recommended by Lucy Hendricks)
WHY: “We all tend to take things too personal, make assumptions, and think we’re not good enough. This book will change your perspective on a lot of things, making your life much easier.” – Lucy Hendricks
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko WiIlink (Recommended by Lucy Hendricks)
WHY: “Finding solutions to problems becomes a lot easier if you’re able to take ownership to everything that happens to you.”- Lucy Hendricks
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck $8.99 (recommended by Nick DiMeglio)
WHY: “This book teaches the difference between having a “growth” and a “fixed” mindset. After reading this, you will have a more mindful approach to dealing with difficult situations and understanding how your reactions can dictate the outcome.” – Nick DiMeglio
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn $11.55 (recommended by Nick DiMeglio)
WHY: “This is a mindful approach to life. Teaching you to live in the present moment while understanding that you do not need to shut out your feelings or thoughts but to take the time to realize what you are feeling and thinking and why you might be feeling or thinking that way.” – Nick DiMeglio
WHY: WARNING: This is a dense book. Jordan Peterson is changing the modern understanding of personality and philosophy. This video is a preview to the book.
Seminars & Online Courses
- Jordan Peterson Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief Course at University of Toronto: FREE (YouTube)
WHY: Jordan Peterson explores how similar myths and stories with similar structures have been formulated by people from different cultures and eras. This course can change the way you view the world.