There is no absolute way to execute an exercise, there are only strategies.
– What is the intention of the exercise?
– What strategies are you choosing to teach the client in how they perform the exercise to match the intention?
– Do you execute those strategies appropriately?
– What strategies do you value and why?
– Are those strategies in the best interest of your client or are they the only ones that you know?
– Are those strategies sustainable?
– Do they provide long term learning opportunities or short term gains?
– How many strategies are you providing for a specific task?
The choice of strategy and execution of that strategy for a desired outcome is what separates coaches in exercise selection.